Effects of Covid-19 on the Oral Health of Elders Living in Long-Term Care.
View this webinar as moderator Dr. Salima Dadani, BCDA Director, Member Support, and colleagues discuss COVID-19’s impact and potential solutions for optimizing oral care for seniors living in long-term care (LTC) settings. The panel includes members of the BC Dental Hygienists’ Association, BCDA’s Geriatric Dentistry Committee, and the Denturists Association of BC. Topics include:
- The challenges of oral health in long term care
- COVID-19’s effect on oral health/effect of COVID-19 on the general health of residents
- What dental professionals can do to support LTC staff when addressing the oral health of the residents in their care
- What family members can do to help with oral health
- What government can do to further support oral health in LTC
This session may be eligible for 1 CE credit, pending CDHBC review