Life membership is awarded to a full member of the association who has made an outstanding contribution to BCDHA in an official capacity for over 10 years. Retired members may also be nominated so long as they met the criteria during their full membership years.
Life Member Benefits
Life Members shall:
- Receive a framed Certificate of Life Membership.
- Be recognized at a meeting of the Association, such as the Annual General Meeting.
- Be exempt from paying the BCDHA portion of the CDHA/BCDHA membership dues.
- Remain a Life member of the Association for life or until such time as they cease to be a member.
- Be entitled to receive all other benefits of membership as determined by the Board of Directors and within the parameters set out in the Association’s Bylaws.
Criteria for Selection
The nominee must:
- Be a Dental Hygiene Registrant in good standing with the B.C. College of Oral Health Professionals and a Full member of BCDHA.
- Have held continuous membership in BCDHA for at least 15 years.
- Have had involvement in BCDHA in an official capacity for a minimum of 10 years.
- Made a significant contribution to the growth and achievement of BCDHA in comparison to others involved for the same length of time and in similar capacities.
- Nomination forms must include confirmed support by three (3) Full or Life members of the British Columbia Dental Hygienists’ Association. Current Board Directors and BCDHA staff members cannot be nominated and cannot nominate a member for this award.
- All supporters must agree to be contacted to confirm their support by email or phone (see application form below).
- Nomination must be submitted prior to the deadline of February 25, 2024.
- Nominees must provide a written testament to the candidates worthiness for this award.
The BCDHA Board of Directors will review all nominations received and select the recipient(s).
This award may not be presented annually.