Low Cost Dental Clinics
If you are in need of dental services, but are struggling to come up with funds, you can often receive excellent service from one of the schools that teach dental hygiene as they are running clinics to ensure their students have the very best and newest education.
Please check out the following programs for more information on how to become a patient.
Camosun College Dental Hygiene Clinic – Victoria
Open September to April (Closed May to August)
Clients of all ages and the public are welcome to visit our in-house Dental Hygiene clinic between September and April each year.
Our Dental Hygiene students provide professional, preventive and therapeutic services that are caring, high quality and low cost. Personalized care is provided by students under the direction and supervision of licensed faculty.
Camosun Student Benefits Plan accepted.
- Full assessment
- Removal of bacterial deposits (tartar)
Please Note: Should you be interested in registering with our dental programs’ client clinics, we ask that you commit for the duration of all appointments.
Client commitment will ensure our students complete their clinical requirements and graduate as proficient practitioners in their field.
College of New Caledonia
The CNC dental clinic runs from September through May.
Patients are seen throughout the school year by the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting students. Clinic times vary each semester depending on course scheduling. The clinic is not open on weekends.
Adult patients are seen throughout the September-to-May school year and children are seen mainly in April and May.
Vancouver Community College: Dental Hygiene Student Clinic
Dental hygienists are important members of the oral health care team.
Dental hygienists can assist you in caring for your gums, preventing oral disease, and supporting your total wellness.
The following information will help you decide if you would like to benefit from dental hygiene care provided by students at VCC:
- Screening Appointment Takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Screening is a way to determine your dental hygiene needs. Clients who are accepted for care are charged a $5.00 fee that is applied to future services.
- After Screening If your case meets dental hygiene learning needs, a student will contact you. The number of appointments is different for each person depending on need.
- Time We usually need approximately 7-9 appointments of about 2 ¼ hours each. Appointments are scheduled weekdays, and begin at 9:00am and 1:00pm promptly.
- Fee for Dental Hygiene Care at VCC is $30.00.
- The VCC dental hygiene clinical program cannot meet all dental treatment needs.
- We cannot accept dental insurance or social services claims. Also, your MSP medical does not cover dental care.
Call 604 443-8499 to arrange a screening appointment.
Thank you for your interest in our VCC dental hygiene student clinic.
Vancouver Island University Dental Clinic
Appointments from September to April with Dental Hygiene, April/May only for Dental Assisting
Description of services – Preventive services
- Head and neck examination (cancer screening)
- Oral health assessment, individualized care planning
- Radiographs (x-rays)
- Education on how to prevent gum disease and cavities
- Education on how to brush, clean between your teeth, and the best products to use in your mouth
- Removal of tartar, plaque, and stain (scaling, root planning, deep cleaning)
- Tooth polishing
- Fluoride application
- Preventive sealants (pit and fissure sealants)
- Treatment of tooth sensitivity
- Sports mouthguards
- Nutritional analysis
- Pain control (local anesthetic injections)
Note: Our Dental Clinic strives to provide the best care for you. However, there are some services that our students cannot provide such as fillings, extractions or dentures. You may need to see a private dental office for these services.
For an appointment, leave a message at 250.740.6240.